Agreement between User and Spinal Cord Injury Manitoba Inc. (‘SCI Manitoba’)
The Spinal Cord Injury Manitoba Inc. Website (‘SCI Manitoba Website’) is offered to you conditioned on your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions and notices contained herein. Your use of the SCI Manitoba Website constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions and notices.
Unless otherwise specified, the SCI Manitoba Website is for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, products or services obtained from the SCI Manitoba Website.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
Any dealings with third parties (including advertisers) included within the SCI Manitoba Website or participation in promotions, including the delivery of and the payment for goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings or promotions, are solely between you and the advertiser or other third party. SCI Manitoba shall not be responsible or liable for any part of any such dealings or promotions.
NO UNLAWFUL OR PROHIBITED USE
As a condition of your use of the SCI Manitoba Website, you will not use the SCI Manitoba Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. You may not use the SCI Manitoba Website in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the SCI Manitoba Website or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the SCI Manitoba Website. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to SCI Manitoba’s computer systems or networks, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the SCI Manitoba Website.
USE OF SERVICES
The SCI Manitoba Website may contain e-mail services, bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, personal web pages, calendars, photo albums, file cabinets and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate with others (collectively, ‘Communication Services’). You agree to use the Communication Services only to post, send and receive messages and material that are proper and, when applicable, related to the particular Communication Service. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using a Communication Service, you will not:
- Use the Communication Service in connection with surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise);
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information;
- Upload files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents to do the same;
- Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer or property;
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless such Communication Service specifically allows such messages;
- Download any file posted by another user of a Communication Service that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner;
- Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded;
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Communication Services;
- Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Communication Service;
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses;
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations;
- Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others; and
- Use, download or otherwise copy, or provide (whether or not for a fee) to a person or entity any directory of users of the SCI Manitoba Website or other user or usage information or any portion thereof.
SCI Manitoba has no obligation to monitor the Communication Services. However, SCI Manitoba reserves the right to review materials posted to a Communication Service and to remove any materials in its sole discretion. SCI Manitoba reserves the right to terminate your access to any or all of the Communication Services at any time, without notice, for any reason whatsoever.
SCI Manitoba reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as SCI Manitoba deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in SCI Manitoba’s sole discretion.
Always use caution when giving out any personally identifying information about yourself or your children in any Communication Service.
SCI MANITOBA DOES NOT CONTROL OR ENDORSE THE CONTENT, MESSAGES OR INFORMATION FOUND IN ANY COMMUNICATION SERVICE AND, THEREFORE, SCI MANITOBA SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY WITH REGARD TO THE COMMUNICATION SERVICES AND ANY ACTIONS RESULTING FROM YOUR PARTICIPATION IN ANY COMMUNICATION SERVICE. SCI MANITOBA EMPLOYEES PARTICIPATING IN ANY COMMUNICATION SERVICE ARE NOT AUTHORIZED SCI MANITOBA SPOKESPERSONS, AND THEIR VIEWS, OPINIONS AND ADVICE DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF SCI MANITOBA.
THE INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES INCLUDED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SCI MANITOBA WEBSITE MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. CHANGES ARE MADE PERIODICALLY TO THE SCI MANITOBA WEBSITE AND TO THE INFORMATION THEREIN. SCI MANITOBA AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES IN THE SCI MANITOBA WEBSITE AT ANY TIME. ADVICE RECEIVED VIA THE SCI MANITOBA WEBSITE SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON FOR PERSONAL, MEDICAL, LEGAL OR FINANCIAL DECISIONS AND YOU SHOULD CONSULT AN APPROPRIATE PROFESSIONAL FOR SPECIFIC ADVICE TAILORED TO YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES.
YOU SPECIFICALLY AGREE THAT SCI MANITOBA SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, ANY MATERIAL OR DATA SENT OR RECEIVED OR NOT SENT OR RECEIVED. YOU SPECIFICALLY AGREE THAT SCI MANITOBA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY THREATENING, DEFAMATORY, OBSCENE, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONTENT OR CONDUCT OF ANY OTHER PARTY OR ANY INFRINGEMENT OF ANOTHER’S RIGHTS, INCLUDING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. YOU SPECIFICALLY AGREE THAT SCI MANITOBA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONTENT SENT USING AND/OR INCLUDED IN THE SCI MANITOBA WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY.
IN NO EVENT SHALL SCI MANITOBA AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF THE SCI MANITOBA WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE.
This agreement is governed by the laws of Manitoba and all users hereby attorn to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Manitoba. All contents of the SCI Manitoba Website are copyright protected and may not be reproduced in any form without prior written permission. However, you may download and save individual pages for your own personal, non-commercial use.